- Watsonville, CA
What you'll be doing
- Manage domestic and import sales of company grown raspberries, blackberries and blueberries to existing retail, food-service and export accounts. Responsible for the sales of bush berries to established retail, wholesale and food-service accounts. This position is accountable for managing existing accounts as well as developing new business opportunities. Analyze product profitability. Budget and monitor sales and margin plans of assigned category in accordance with personal and company goals. Work with current sales team on conventional and organic bush berry sales. Work with domestic and import procurement managers to develop a year round bush berry program. Daily communication with sales team, field personnel and management team to include, supply and sales forecasting. Direct all category management initiatives for company bush berry category. Tracks daily, weekly and monthly fob pricing both internally and competition. Compiles all daily estimates and tracks daily, monthly forecasts and production from each growing region. Assist production, sales and marketing teams in new product development and new product testing. Reports to the vice president of sales. Target new customers. Move fruit in a timely manner. Make sure customers are happy with service.
What your background should be
- Proven track record and at least 5 years of berry sales experience. Experience with blueberry, blackberry and raspberry sales preferred. Experience with the import of fruits to include logistics, documentation requirements, and inspection requirements. Excellent import/export documentation knowledge. Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must. Experience with freight/transportation. Experience with government regulations. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Good negotiation skills. Strong analytical abilities. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Solid computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint and famous software knowledge a plus). Excellent teaming skills. Able to share responsibilities and collaborate in a service oriented team environment. Ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever changing environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required.
Who is the client company
- The company is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com