- Queens, NY
What you'll be doing
- Manages a case load and maintains on-going contacts with those served in accordance with regulatory mandates. Prepares cases for presentation and interdisciplinary case reviews and participates actively in the development of comprehensive service plans. Evaluates risk of harm, including investigation of accidents, injuries and allegations of child abuse or neglect and assists families and children who are subjects of such investigation. Documents nutritional, physical health, mental health, educational, housing, social & economic changes in the child life. Uses knowledge and understanding of diverse cultural norms and traditions to enhance the assessment process. Completes and maintains accurate and up-to-date case records. Facilitates regulatory compliance with city and state standards of practice; submits all necessary reports and documentation in a timely fashion. Ensures confidentiality and compliance with audits. Performs all other work as assigned by the director of social services for the program.
What your background should be
- Related work or field experience is preferred. Bi-lingual ability is a plus. Spanish speaking a plus. A valid NYS driving license is also a plus. Posses a great desire to positively influence the lives of others. Strong advocacy, communication and organizational skills are necessary.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required in social work or a related field; other disciplines considered.
Who is the client company
- Concern about individual & family services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com