- Colorado Springs, CO
What you'll be doing
- The case manager will provide direction, supervision, and case management for all assigned participants. The incumbent will complete all assigned paperwork required through the on-line participant database system. In addition, the incumbent will teach proper social habits, interaction skills, and self-help skills through role modeling and programmatic intervention. The candidate will monitor participant activities and facilitate participant specific assistance where necessary. The applicant will assume total responsibility for each participant file and will adhered to state standards. The case manager will provide residential providers with extensive, person-specific information regarding the participant so problems and concerns handled effectively. S/he will be responsible to participate in home visits, complete required paperwork regarding these visits, and complete all follow up needed. This position will communicate and coordinate with other involved agencies and support personnel, e.g. Day program staff, quality improvement staff, the resource exchange case management, parents, guardians, and therapists. The incumbent will keep the program coordinator informed of progress, considerations, and pertinent information. The case manager will deal effectively and calmly with non-routine situations following accepted guidelines and perform other duties as required by the residential team. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- A valid colorado driving license is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate the ability to interact with various types of internal and external customers preferred. Ability to relate effectively to people with disabilities, parents, host, home providers, and guardians and be empathetic toward needs preferred. The incumbent must have the ability to work independently, cooperatively and to exercise effective planning. The case manager must demonstrate flexibility within the framework and pressure of established deadlines. The incumbent must be able to write clear, concise, and accurate reports and plans, submit them in a timely fashion, and possess excellent time management skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in vocational rehabilitation, psychology, sociology, counseling and guidance or related degree, or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is an American nonprofit organization, which provides job training, employment placement services, and other community based programs for people who have disabilities.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com