Case Management Assistant
- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- Obtain and record authorization for ancillary service and denial reporting. Facilitate, identify and document all referral, along with patient choice, to appropriate facility or agency. Expedite discharge by transmitting appropriate documentation to provider for acceptance of patient. Document all interaction with payer and communicate status with appropriate staff. Communicate status with case management staff and arrange for patient transfer. Function as a key point of contact between case management staff, admission and payer. Function as a key point of contact between clinical case management staff, admission and payer. Document all interaction with payer and communicate status with case management staff. Collaborate with case management staff to provide specific clinical information for the purpose of completing initial and concurrent utilization review to ensure certification or approval of in patient and post discharge service. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Two years of related healthcare experience is required. Related college coursework may substituted for the required experience on an equivalent year for year basis.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate degree in a human services related field or bachelor degree in a healthcare related field is preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a not-for-profit health organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com