- Tampa, FL
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for total coordination and processing of all patient referrals for speciality services. Follow protocols for proper authorization and processing of all referrals. Assist team in educating patient/family, follow companies standing orders/protocols, assist patients with external resources when needed. Communicate with the patient on a timely basis for all scheduling requirements. Coordinate pre-admission testing requirements with clinic personnel and patient. Complete all administrative functions associated with referral activities in a timely manner. Enter all referral, hospital, outpatient, DME and other patient speciality health service authorizations into the computer system according to companies policy and procedure. Receive consultant reports, maintain documentation, and routes to the appropriate physician promptly. Responsible for monitoring all referral reports not received and timely follow-up in accordance with company policy and procedure. Other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Medical office experience with referral processing for HMO preferred. Must be computer literate and have exceptional telephone skills. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently. Result and goal-oriented with a philosophy for quality improvement required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a health care service company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org