- Clearwater, FL
What you'll be doing
- Follows protocols for proper authorization and processing of all referrals. Assists team in educating patient/family, follows company standing orders/protocols, assists patients with external resources when needed. Communicates with the patient on a timely basis for all scheduling requirements. Coordinates pre-admission testing requirements with clinic personnel and patient. Completes all administrative functions associated with referral activities in a timely manner. Enters all referral, hospital, outpatient, DME and other patient specialty health service authorizations into the computer system according to the company policy and procedure. Receives consultant reports, maintains documentation, and routes to the appropriate physician promptly. Other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Medical office experience with referral processing for HMO is preferred. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous and effective manner using excellent customer service skills. Possess excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi task, set priorities, and meet deadlines. Results and goal-oriented with a philosophy for quality improvement. Must be computer literate and have exceptional telephone skills. Possess high job accuracy, efficiency, and dependability.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate, GED.
Who is the client company
- Concern about the healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com