Capital Equipment Project Manager
- Plainview, NY
What you'll be doing
- You will manage capital expenditures or capital investment, in a complex manufacturing environment. You will oversee projects from preparation stage, through planning and execution, project tracking and project related reporting. Will coordinate and direct all project related activities and resources. Manage development and implementation of projects for manufacturing process improvements, new manufacturing, equipment upgrades and safety improvements. Manage projects ranging from $10K to $3M. Coordinate with managers, engineers and the operations team to develop the project scope and conceptual design. Participate in equipment selection and plant layout. Plan and coordinate construction or equipment installation activities with the plant production team. Develop project execution plan, communication plan, procurement plan. Identify and describe resources, schedules, budgets and risk assessments. Communicate and align with environmental safety and health and facilities departments, vendors, suppliers and others throughout the design and planning process. Manage capital expenditure projects, including the development of drawings, specifications and scope of work documents for subcontractors and vendors. Manage multiple projects simultaneously, provide monthly reporting of pending and completed projects. Establish and maintain project budgets and report cost revisions when necessary.
What your background should be
- Must have at least five years experience with production equipment improvements in a manufacturing environment. Must have specific experience as a project manager, program manager, plant engineer, etc. performing the duties as stated above. Experience with CAPEX (capital expenditure) projects in a manufacturing environment is required. Must have a thorough understanding of the processes, principles and methods of project management, PMP certification is preferred. Must be able to read engineering drawings and specifications. Should also be knowledgeable about MS project, MS Office and AutoCAD. Experience with SAP is a plus.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or construction management preferred, but will consider other four years engineering degrees such as industrial, electrical or manufacturing engineering.
Who is the client company
- Concern about staffing and recruiting services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org