- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Provide 2D and 3D BIM/CAD drafting and design support engineers and consultants during the planning, design, and construction of typical projects. Assist with integrating company work into Revit and/or BIM models. Obtain and execute work assignments of either specific design elements or BIM/CAD drafting from BIM/CAD manager or senior CAD/Revit Technician. Review all work for completeness and accuracy against directions given prior to submitting to supervisor for review. Use checklists set up for quality control on each project and submit work according to deadlines. Provide an accurate accounting of time spent on projects with descriptions for each time entry on a weekly basis. Track key performance elements and report to supervisor on a weekly basis. Work with clients and other offices to resolve document coordination and production issues. Assist with development and maintenance of BIM/CAD standards. Observe professional ethics. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Four or more years of experience or equivalent CAD class training with AutoCAD and Revit (Architecture or MEP) software. Two or more years of AutoCAD and Revit experience. Knowledge of drafting standards. Ability to learn, take direction, and perform required tasks. Ability to create CAD files. Ability to manipulate CAD files created by others. Ability to operate and perform routine maintenance on drawing plotters. Ability to transfer files to and from FTP sites. Above average computer skills. Familiarity with building information modeling (BIM) systems.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school.
Who is the client company
- This is a boutique consulting firm.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org