- Orleans, IN
What you'll be doing
- Purchase parts and materials from outside vendors. Edit purchase requests and prepare purchase orders. Maintain files and record of materials, prices, inventories, and deliveries. Correspond with suppliers for quotations and follow up purchases. Establish and maintain min/max order and inventory levels. Obtain material by issuing purchase orders to suppliers, monitor, and expedite purchase orders as needed. Confer with suppliers to confirm material availability and delivery schedule options. Create reports & metric data. Participate on project teams as needed. Identify and drive on continuous improvement initiatives.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5+ years of purchasing experience. Exceptional interpersonal skills and situational awareness. Proven negotiation skills, strong analytical skills and strong communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external resources. Ability to read cad drawings a plus. Above average computer skills and Microsoft office products.
Required Schooling / Training
- Four-year college degree in business administration, supply chain, or related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- This company, incorporated as a manufacturer of wood office furniture.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com