Business Systems Analyst
- Birmingham, AL
What you'll be doing
- Formulate and define system scope and objective through research and fact finding combine with an understanding of applicable business system and industry requirement. Devise or modify procedure to solve complex problem consider computer equipment capacity and limitation, operation time and form of desired result. Include analysis of business and user need, documentation of requirement and translation into proper system requirement specification. Influence business partner and service provider regarding priority, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection. Analyze marketplace, industry, company, technology trend and best practice, vendor product and service etc. Identify and document business strategy, objective and driver. Analyze and document business process and metric and identify improvement opportunity. Re engineer process to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency. Identify/document how application and system interact to support business process. Assess, apply and project the impact of system change on user and internal and external client or stakeholder. Use knowledge of system and industry requirement to develop or modify complex information system. Write test plan and test case to ensure change which are made to the application meet client need and that application integrity maintain. Conduct a variety of test such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance test. Ensure that the change made by programmer are correct. Conduct test use client data to be certain client need to met. Verify through test that change made by programmer to one part of the application do not impact other part. Report and review test result. Train internal employee or external client on change, new system or new procedure. Conduct one on one or classroom training depend upon the size or desire of the audience. Consider the business implication of the application of technology to the current business environment. Perform other related duty as required.
What your background should be
- Typically requires up to three years of business systems analysis experience. Knowledge of client company products and services. Knowledge of financial services industry. Knowledge of end to end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development). Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases etc. Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients. Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources. Excellent analytical, decision making, problem solving, team and time management skills. Ability to estimate work effort for project sub plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed. Has general understanding of principles in business modeling and requirements definition, one or products/services and at least one systems development life cycle model.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems or other related discipline is required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a global leader in banking and payments technology as well as consulting and outsourcing solutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org