Business Systems Analyst
- Rancho Cordova, CA
What you'll be doing
- Consults with management and staff to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting and security requirements. Communicates the business requirements and technical specifications to the technical or programming department. Develops, coordinates and implements plans to test business and functional processes. Develops, tests, installs and modifies functional software. Writes and maintains functional specifications for new or modified business systems. Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions and procedures. Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests. Consults and coordinates with systems analysts and programmers to design and develop automated business systems. Coordinates the implementation of technological functions to customers specifications. Develops, tracks and manages project plans including goals, strategy, resource scheduling, timelines and budget. Provides end-user application support. Analyzes existing systems to determine more efficient processing methods or to identify errors. Conducts preliminary investigation for all project requests. Reviews requirements, specifications, testing plans, support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives.
What your background should be
- Minimum three years analytical and data processing experience. IT experience preferred. Health care or other applicable industry experience preferred. Proficient in claim payment systems, payment methodologies an insurance terms. Government programs experience (Medicare or Medicaid). Knowledge of ICD-9 or 10 CM, HCPCS, CPT-4 nomenclature, codes and guidelines and pricing software. Strong understanding of CMS guidelines and state regulations. Ability to interpret official coding guidelines and resources as required including CMS directives and bulletins. Ability to interpret written policy language to create or modify policies and claims workflow guidelines. Understanding of PC hardware, software and how networks work. Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, project and Windows operating systems.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in information systems, finance or accounting, business or other technical field required.
Who is the client company
- This is an American health care insurance provider.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com