Business Operations Manager
- Tempe, AZ
What you'll be doing
- The business operations manager administers and controls the business operations functions for the dean of student office in educational outreach and student services at west campus. These functions include budgeting, accounting, staff supervision, strategic planning, inventory control, internal procedures and other functions designated by the dean of students. This position works closely with the director of fiscal operations and human resources. The business operations manager manages the daily business operations for the dean of student office and its departments which include career services, health services, TRiO student support services and student support services-STEM, sun devil fitness center. Establishes controls for approval of various processes within functional responsibility, such as personnel actions and expenditures. Supervises work of subordinate personnel which includes training, coaching, performance evaluation and work planning, etc. Assists in preparation and/or coordination of major operational and special budgets; prepares budget projection and analyses. Prepares or participates in the preparation of financial and administrative reports; analyzes and interprets statistical, financial and management planning data for decision making and strategic planning.
What your background should be
- Experience managing multiple fiscal budgets, reconciliations and budget projections are desired. Experience with preparing budgets and forecasting desired. Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal policies and procedures and overall fiscal administration. Experience with fiscal and human resources databases and software. Demonstrated knowledge of human resources practices including recruitment, hiring and payroll functions. Demonstrated knowledge of various types of accounts such as state and sponsored. Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills (composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation).
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in a related field and six years of directly related administrative experience which includes three years of supervisory experience; or, ten years of directly related administrative experience which includes three years of supervisory experience; or, any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Who is the client company
- This is a public metropolitan research university.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org