Business Intelligence Developer
- Alexandria, VA
What you'll be doing
- The business intelligence/visualization software developer will work within the osd deputy chief management office (dcmo) technology integration (ti) department with overall responsibility for developing business integration (bi) deliverables such as reports, dash boards and reporting packages using in-house bi tools, specifically tableau. The deliverables will serve the overall osd enterprise user community. Responsibilities include creation of new and modification of existing reports for senior-level executives. The business intelligence/visualization software developer will work directly with the government customer on day-to-day activities and will work with other osd offices, as required, to gather specific business requirements. The person in this position will plan and maintain technical infrastructure for enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence reporting platform. Consult with government users and gather requirements for business intelligence and reporting needs. Analyze and translate requirements into technical and functional specifications. Design, develop and test technical deliverables based on specifications. Take advantage and exploit advanced bi functionality to meet customer requirements. Conduct appropriate test reviews for assigned projects and present to architecture review boards as necessary.
What your background should be
- 4+ years related experience. The applicant is expected to have strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work with minimal supervision and lead small engagements if necessary. Oracle, SQL server, Excel sheets or other relational databases experience desired. Strong understanding of business integration/data warehousing (bi/dw) concepts such as OLAP, dimensional modeling, data marts, star/snowflake schemas, DBMS, ETL processes and metadata management. Candidate must be a US citizen and able to obtain a secret clearance.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in related field.
Who is the client company
- The client is an American company headquartered in tysons corner, virginia that provides government services and information technology support.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com