- Los Angeles, CA
What you'll be doing
- Assist the faculty/principal investigator and the team of research associates and research assistants with the submission of proposals to ensure all necessary university and agency requirements are met. Prepare budgets and gather data necessary to submit proposals in accordance with agency and university guidelines. Monitor account activity and reconcile accounts to assure that all account activity is related to the project and is charged appropriately. Process, track, and post expenditures for travel reimbursements, settlements of advances, and invoices on the assigned accounts. Expedite procurement orders and reimbursements, requisitions, and foreign drafts. Reconcile and review monthly account statements and provide faculty/principal investigator with account summaries and projection reports on a monthly basis. Keep current with information regarding agency funding/spending guidelines and restrictions. Communicate information to faculty and other research-related staff to ensure that guidelines set forth by agencies are followed. Perform other tasks as assign.
What your background should be
- Minimum 1 year of budget experience including knowledge of government and fund accounting. Strong computer skills with use of automated spreadsheets. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to prioritize, organize, analyze and work independently in a fast paced work environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in business administration, accounting or related.
Who is the client company
- This is a private, not-for-profit, and nonsectarian research university.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org