- Pittsburgh, PA
What you'll be doing
- Under supervision is biomedical technician responsible for the operational condition, maintenance and repair of all water systems, medical equipment and mechanical/electrical systems in assigned facilities in the centralized technical program so as to ensure the safety of the patients as well as the staff operating the equipment. Perform all repair and maintenance activities according to company and department standard operating procedures and in compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements. The person will be responsible for cost containment with regard to equipment maintenance and repair. Develop and maintain effective relationships through effective and timely communication. Take initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner. Ensure availability for patient questions and concerns. Provide instructive tours of the water treatment equipment for patients and explain the basics of the machines. Maintain and repair all water treatment equipment, dialysis equipment, medical equipment, testing equipment and mechanical/electrical systems as recommended by the manufacturer and by procedures established by the technical policies and standards manual.
What your background should be
- National technical certification achievement required within 18 months of hire/assumption of position. At least six months experience working in a technical (industry/medical) setting. The person should have a demonstrated leadership and training abilities. Attend all technical training programs required by state/federal regulations and company policy. Newly hired or promoted incumbents are responsible for the requirements of the respiratory fit policy if applicable. Valid driver license and ability to cover at other facilities and transport equipment and supplies as needed. Candidates have to meet the necessary requirements of color blindness test as a condition of employment. Applicant must have the ability to work a flexible schedule.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school/vocational diploma or G.E.D. Technician training or AA degree in electronics or biomedical or equivalent preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a German company specializing in the production of medical supplies, primarily to facilitate or aid renal dialysis.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org