Biomedical Equipment Technician
- New York, NY
What you'll be doing
- Conducts departmental rounds and demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community. Conducts cross training in the techniques of testing, calibrating, operating and troubleshooting biomedical systems for less experienced BMETs. Communicates routinely with supervisory personnel on the status of equipment repair and maintenance activities along with immediately reporting all patient/equipment operator safety issues. Performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures, including equipment inspection, repairs and planned maintenance. Installs, repairs and calibrates most classes of clinical equipment. Performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections. Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies. Assists with the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, pm and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records. Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced. Orders parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of medical equipment. Helps maintain technical literature library. Completes assigned work in a timely manner. Works under minimal supervision; generally organizes and prioritizes workload. Supervises and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors. Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes, standards and manufacturers recommendations. Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department. Performs duties assigned by Supervisor in accordance with current policies and procedures. Maintains knowledge of current regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment. Provides input for service delivery on equipment supported. Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures. Demonstrates initiative and concern for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment. Experience with ventilator and anesthesia is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- AAS degree in biomedical technology or equivalent in military experience.
Who is the client company
- The company is provider of food service, facilities and clothing.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com