- Atlanta, GA
What you'll be doing
- In this role, candidate will work at the CDC and collaborate with CDC staff and team members to define project objectives, implementation details, and project schedules. As part of a growing bioinformatics team, candidate will develop algorithms and analysis pipelines for specific and emerging customer needs. The ideal candidate will be a talented professional with broad experience in informatics and genomics, including familiarity with analysis and management of data from next generation sequence (NGS) analysis and the ability to work with diverse data sets comprised of nucleotide sequences of prokaryotic organisms. Candidate should be prepared to work on a matrix team located on one of the area campuses where strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication (verbal and written) skills will be vital components of success. Define and document software specifications for own work products and work with software engineers to implement those specifications. Provide analytical services and tool development to support needs related to diagnostics, immunity and vaccine development and surveillance activities.
What your background should be
- 4+ year experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience); preferred degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics or other relevant discipline. 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: next generation sequence analysis; comparative economics; genome annotation. Experience in algorithm generation or computational methods implementation. Familiarity with statistical/mathematical packages such as R/MATLAB. Demonstrated fluency in UNIX/Linux and high performance computing environments. Demonstrated programming/scripting ability in languages such as Perl/Python/Java/C++ and familiarity with principles of object oriented programming. Candidates must be able to pass a Georgia state criminal background check and be eligible for a NACI clearance.
Required Schooling / Training
- Master degree and 2+ years or BS degree
Who is the client company
- This American defense company provides scientific, engineering, systems integration, and technical services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com