- Walpole, MA
What you'll be doing
- Establishing process equipment to precision dispenses custom formulated liquid reagents in powder, bead, or tableted form. Understanding and control of impact of lyophilization, handling and packaging processes on end product attributes and use that knowledge to iterate with the assay development team and optimized reagent formulations. Tableting and/or other means of physically stabilizing solid phase reagents. Physical/chemical characterizing of product, metrology, performance testing and working with team to correlate impact of process parameters on end-use product. Testing of product to meet all applicable standards, storage, shipping, and transport requirements. Contributing to development of processes and packaging that will environmentally and physically protect reagents during storage, handling, and transport. Developing management of external partners to develop process equipment.
What your background should be
- Applied knowledge and at least 10 years of direct experience preferred in the development of manufacturing processes for biochemical reagents and/or pharmaceuticals. Specific experiences in the lyophilization of pharmaceutical products, tableting and formulating resolubilizable solid reagents/compounds, and/or the design of automated industrial process equipment for material packaging and material characterization required. Additional relevant technical experiences include colloidal chemistry, interfacial chemistry, chemistry of solid phase systems, and design of precision aqueous/fluidic systems, biochemical systems, and electrochemistry. Relevant work experiences include: diagnostics reagent development or manufacturing, compounding and processing of pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical packaging. Knowledge of and experience in materials handling (bio and chemical hazardous materials and controlled substances) is desirable.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree is expected (advanced degree preferred) in chemical or biochemical engineering, biochemistry, pharmacology or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the worlds largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, medical information technology and hearing aids.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com