- Madison, WI
What you'll be doing
- The billing supervisor is responsible to ensure timely and accurate claims submissions, timely working of denials and aging by staff. Monitors claims submittal for timeliness and accuracy. Verifies claim follow-up activities are taking place and ensures for re-submittal of denied claims as appropriate. Supervises the preparation of billing statements, collection notifications and accounts receivable to ensure for the timely collection of monies. Supervises past due accounts. Reviews aging reports and calculates percentage of days outstanding. Conducts weekly meetings with billing staff to review aging reports. Monitors and ensures for account follow-up. Responsible for the supervision of staff. Responds to employee questions and assists employees to resolve problems. Assists in the hiring and firing of staff. Assigns, reviews and monitors work. Provides direction and instruction. Evaluates staff performance. Reviews performance concerns with supervisor and human resources and assists in issuing disciplinary action. Responds to customer billing concerns. Researches and works to resolve patient and customer complaints. Reviews patient account information and takes appropriate action to resolve concerns. Ensures for staff training and development. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- One to two years prior billing experience in a health care environment or any other combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities. One year prior supervisory experience required. Knowledge of federal and state regulations as relates to the infusion and central billing of home health service and provision of durable medical equipment services and products. Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations, requirements and reimbursement criteria. Knowledge and application of icd-9 and hcpc coding. Ability to use a computer for e-mail, data inquiry, data entry, and word processing. Ability to create and utilize spreadsheets. Ability to run queries and reports from the financial system. Skilled in outlook, word, excel, and computerized billing systems. Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driving license.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree in accounting, business administration or a related field.
Who is the client company
- This is a healthcare services provider company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org