- Madison, WI
What you'll be doing
- Ensures for timely and accurate claims submissions. Ensures for timely working of denials and aging by staff. Monitors claims submittal for timeliness and accuracy. Verifies claim follow-up activities are taking place and ensures for re-submittal of denied claims as appropriate. Supervises the preparation of billing statements, collection notifications and accounts receivable to ensure for the timely collection of monies. Supervises past due accounts. Reviews aging reports and calculates percentage of days outstanding. Conducts weekly meetings with billing staff to review aging reports. Monitors and ensures for account follow-up. Responsible for the supervision of staff. Responds to employee questions and assists employees to resolve problems. Assists in the hiring and firing of staff. Assigns, reviews and monitors work. Provides direction and instruction. Evaluates staff performance. Reviews performance concerns with supervisor and human resources and assists in issuing disciplinary action. Responds to customer billing concerns. Researches and works to resolve patient and customer complaints. Reviews patient account information and takes appropriate action to resolve concerns. Ensures for staff training and development.
What your background should be
- Minimum one to two years of prior billing experience in a health care environment. Knowledge of federal and state regulations as relates to the infusion and enteral billing of home health service and provision of durable medical equipment services and products. Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations, requirements and reimbursement criteria. Knowledge and application of ICD-9 and HCPC coding.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate's degree in accounting, business administration.
Who is the client company
- This is a well-established family business that have been supplying, maintaining and fitting mobility equipment.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com