- Madison, WI
What you'll be doing
- Supervises Xtra care billing operations. Ensures for timely and accurate claims submissions. Ensures for timely working of denials and aging by staff. Monitors claims submittal for timeliness and accuracy. Verifies claim follow-up activities are taking place and ensures for re-submittal of denied claims as appropriate. Supervises the preparation of billing statements, collection notifications and accounts receivable to ensure for the timely collection of monies. Supervises past due accounts. Reviews aging reports and calculates percentage of days outstanding. Conducts weekly meetings with billing staff to review aging reports. Monitors and ensures for account follow-up. Responds to employee questions and assists employees to resolve problems. Assists in the hiring and firing of staff. Assigns, reviews and monitors work. Provides direction and instruction. Evaluates staff performance. Reviews performance concerns with supervisor and human resources and assists in issuing disciplinary action. Responds to customer billing concerns. Researches and works to resolve patient and customer complaints. Reviews patient account information and takes appropriate action to resolve concerns. Ensures for staff training and development. Identifies training needs and training delivery options. Assists with training program development. May conduct trainings. Ensures documentation of training is accurate and kept up-to-date and submitted to HR & education for filing. Assists with the development, documentation, and implementation of new billing procedures and maintenance of existing policies and procedures. Communicates and implements new procedures. Educates staff on policies and procedures and monitors staff compliance. Performs auditing activities. Audits write-off and adjustment reports. Pulls patient files and billing records and audits for compliance. Reviews open accounts and works with manager to make determinations on next steps, including, but not limited to collections and charity. Researches updates to Medicare, Medicaid, and other payers that impact policies, guidelines, procedure codes, etc. and communicates to appropriate parties. Responsible for producing and maintaining month end reports. Ensures reports are completed timely and accurately and meeting all organization standards. Acts as the liaison between Xtra care billing and other organization departments. Other duties may be required and assigned.
What your background should be
- One to two years prior billing experience in a health care environment or any other combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities. One-year prior supervisory experience required. Knowledge of federal and state regulations as relates to the infusion and enteral billing of home health service and provision of durable medical equipment services and products. Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations, requirements and reimbursement criteria. Knowledge and application of ICD-9 and HCPC coding. Ability to use a computer for e-mail, data inquiry, data entry, and word processing. Ability to create and utilize spreadsheets. Ability to run queries and reports from the financial system. Skilled in Outlook, Word, Excel, and computerized billing systems. Knowledge of or ability to learn infusion billing. This position requires travel to and from meetings such as general management meetings, trainings, etc. Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driving license. Must maintain an acceptable driving record per company policy. Must maintain proof of current auto insurance. Must have access to a vehicle in good working condition.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree in accounting, business administration or a related field.
Who is the client company
- The company offers an integrated and comprehensive variety of community home health services and products.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com