- Lexington, KY
What you'll be doing
- Following standard operating procedures, this role prepares monthly billing adjustments, obtains required approvals and enters adjustments into the billing system. Researches and resolves routine billing questions and discrepancies. Refers unusual problems to higher level personnel. Reviews invoices for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with customers or other division staff or management to resolve identified discrepancies. May calculate and prepare basic manual billings for non-complex billing arrangements. May gather and summarize supplemental billing information to accommodate customer billing requirements. May review various billing system reports to identify billing discrepancies. Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate billing following standard operating procedures. Posts cash receipts to customer accounts based on information from lock box reports and local cash receipt listings. Performs basic and routine research to resolve differences or unidentified payments. Posts payments as appropriate into the billing system to clear open obligations or prepares remittance advices to accompany payments sent to the lock box or corporate office. May accept credit card payment from customers over the phone and process recurring payments. May complete customer set up in company billing systems. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Directly related experience in which incumbents have worked with customers in a billing function. A good knowledge and understanding of billing transactions and processes. Some related accounting or office experience. Should have basic MS Excel skills. Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner. The ability to effectively interact and communicate with division managers as well as customers in a professional manner. Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is the second largest non-hazardous solid waste management company in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com