- Oviedo, FL
What you'll be doing
- Ensures the proper preparation and accountability of the emergency department charts for the emergency department physician billing. Obtains a copy of current emergency department log on a daily basis. Identifies and marks log/track sheets of hospital admittance, outpatient services, direct admits. Submits billing information, counts records to ensure reconciliation with the emergency dept. log, and submit trauma patient billing. Answers phone calls and handle inquiries. Collects previous day patient charts, sorting in date and time order. Reconciles missing or suspended list with required lag time. Collects critical care charges of procedures, such as procedures performed in ICU/hospital and obtains/pulls charts, demographic, and insurance information. Maintains copy of billing information. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and/or maintenance of medical records. Ability to perform multi-tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills in interacting with internal and external clients. Strong computer skills in MS office and Windows applications. Must be detail-oriented, be able to work independently, and be able to follow through on problems. Familiarity with office related equipment and procedures with the ability to maintain organized workflow.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is the American provider of physician services for emergency departments, inpatient physician services, inpatient radiology management programs and anesthesiology services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com