Bilingual Intake and Eligibility Specialist
- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- Screen applicants in-person or via phone or online web portal to direct them to the most appropriate program or referral source. Provide accurate and thorough intake and referral services to applicants. Process and collect eligibility documentation to enroll applicants into workforce advancement programs. Assist clients in creation of online web portal profile. Efficiently coordinate individual schedule with intake and eligibility team to process the expected number of clients per shift, month, quarter, and/or year. Communicate and report progress regularly with intake and eligibility manager to ensure participants are provided timely and client centered services, appropriate referrals are being made into programs, and enrollment outcomes are being met. Obtain and integrate updates from staff on grants, new programs, and enrollment needs. Work with other team members to achieve company goals and further the company mission. Complete special projects as needed to help further develop and improve the intake and eligibility department.
What your background should be
- Excellent critical thinking and client service skills. Good oral and written communication skills, including interviewing skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Windows OS, electronic data entry, etc. Texas driving license, liability insurance, vehicle in good working condition, clean driving record. Bilingual English/Spanish. At least one year of experience in intake and program eligibility, employment counseling, placement, public administration, or social services preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- BA or BS degree in social work, vocational rehabilitation.
Who is the client company
- Long-standing nonprofit chain with a range of pre-owned clothing, furniture, housewares & more.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com