Behavioral Health Technician
- Newark, NY
What you'll be doing
- Provide direct care service to patient on an individual and group basis, to include but not limited to activity of daily living, social and psychiatric rehabilitation per treatment plan, as directed by the registered nurse or nurse manager. Participate in the development of a comprehensive treatment plan sharing patient need and want as communicated by patient directly through patient survey, collateral and treatment team. Document and communicate patient response to treatment effectively and accurately and in a timely manner according to program policy and procedure. Provide comprehensive care to patient in a professional and caring manner and is able to take appropriate action and communicate finding to the multidisciplinary team. Intercede on behalf of customer to ensure they have access to required service. Participate in the peer review process and utilize quality improvement technique to improve quality and reduce cost. Participate as a member of multidisciplinary team by providing feedback, maintain professional relationship, provide program and patient specific feedback and recommendation. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational program, current literature, in service meeting and workshop. Perform and record technical procedure as delegated. Assist with the admission, discharge, transfer, transport and repositioning of patient. Ensure medical equipment is clean, maintained and functional and refer equipment for needed repair. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- 1-3 years of healthcare experience in related field preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree in human services required, bachelor degree in psychology or sociology preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company provides healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com