Behavioral Health Manager
- Iselin, NJ
What you'll be doing
- The behavioral health manager is responsible for managing a team of licensed clinicians responsible to ensure medical necessity and appropriateness of care for inpatient and outpatient mental health services. Ensure appropriate utilization of mental health services through a level of care determination, accurate interpretation or application of benefits, corporate medical policy and cost efficient care. Manage consultation with facilities and providers to discuss, plan benefits and alternative services. Manage case consultation and education to customers and internal staff for efficient utilization of mental health services. Manage the development and maintenance of positive relationships with providers and work to ensure quality outcomes and cost effective care. Participate in developing criteria used in performing medical necessity reviews. Serve as a resource for medical management programs. Identify and recommend revisions to policies and procedures. Lead quality improvement activities. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Seven years of clinical experience with facility based and outpatient; psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment; utilization and case management experience; experience applying clinical and policy knowledge on the continuum of mental health treatment preferred. Experience working with the medicare or medicaid long term care populations preferred. Current unrestricted lcsw or rn license in the state of nj required. Leadership and management experience required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or bachelor degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a health care company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org