Ballistic Missile Defense Engineer
- King George, VA
What you'll be doing
- The successful candidate will be required to assist in the management, for purpose of delivery, handling and partition exchange the master DOORS modules and links to requirements in the BMD SS on behalf of the aegis BMD Program Office (PD452). The MDSET provides updated BMD SS requirements. If the BMD SS adds or modifies requirements allocated to aegis BMD then requirements trace information in the DOORS database must be updated accordingly and return to the MDSET. If BMD ECS products are changed to add or modify requirements that trace to the BMD SS, then BMD requirements trace information in the DOORS database must be updated accordingly and return to the MDSET. Finally, NSWCDD requirements engineering uses aegis BMD DOORS modules to provide aegis BMD system level verification information to the MDSET on behalf of and by direction of aegis BMD. Accomplishment of testing for any particular baseline has a direct impact on the amount of effort necessary to document performance verification of this baseline. Maintain BMD 5 ECS DOORS module in the MDA/AB integrated system engineering environment (ISEE) DOORS database. Exchange DOORS partitions, including requirement trace links and performance verification information when appropriate (BMD SS and BMD 5 ECS) with MDSET on behalf of MDA/AB. Exchange DOORS modules as necessary on behalf of MDA/AB to support traceability efforts from ECS lower level specifications (A-Spec, TLR, etc.). Provide follow-up support in the development of artifacts for the BMD 5 ECS PCB requirements trace certification letter, as needed. Develop and deliver trace certification letters and other artifacts necessary in order to support continued MDA approval of the baseline ECS. Review and comment on requirement trace links from the a-spec to the BMD 5 ECS when received and/or updated. Review SCNs submitted to the RWG for requirements trace impact. Provide requirements trace impact input to the RWG in the form of question/item/response (QIR) forms. Develop updated trace certification letter and associated artifacts necessary to support PCB approval of the updated BMD 5 ECS.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5 years experience in requirements management. Understanding of naval ballistic missile defense, naval weapon systems, configuration management, systems engineering is highly desired. In addition, naval fire control is required. Define, evaluate, and select ECS development alternatives. Consideration of the aegis BMD 5 DOORS database design and ABMD CM processes will be factored into the alternatives under consideration, review other capability ECS artifacts and scope requirements for assigned capability ECS development. Attend regular meetings with NSWCDD and MDA/AB to review new and modified BMD system requirements for potential impacts, identify other approaches and efforts made that may influence ECS requirement development, and provide NRT support to verify BMD 5 ECS to trace and resolve open QIRs against relative to the BMD 5 ECS requirements. Clearance level must currently possess: secret and travel 25% of the time. Knowledge of the microsoft suite of software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc) is required as is the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Required Schooling / Training
- A bachelor degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university is highly desire.
Who is the client company
- A scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org