- Cocoa, FL
What you'll be doing
- The bakery manager will manage the daily operations of assigned department. This position is accountable for the profit and loss (P&L) for department and must use leadership and merchandising skills to manage product levels and make sound business decisions. In addition, this position is responsible for increasing guest confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere in the department. Manage inventory, in stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards. Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times. Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank guests in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business like manner in order to promote the company image as a service oriented operation. Ensure the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance. Supervise, train and develop team members in accordance with company policies and procedures. Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures. Conduct weekly sales meetings with team members to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives. Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained. Proof dough products, bake breads, cookies and other bakery products. Offer product samples, answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection. Clean walls, fans and drains in bakery coolers, display cases and work area. Cook and prepare bakery products according to company guidelines. Prepare special orders are requested by guests (e.g., special occasion cakes, party platters, etc.). Responsible for scheduling department employees. Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Proven experience in a BI-LO company lead position in the bakery department; or one year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business. Possession of food safety certification or the ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement. Compliance with all company policies and procedures. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Ability to understand and follow English instructions. Must be 18 years of age. Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same. Possession of baking certification and basic cake decorating certification or ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement. Successful completion of pre employment drug testing and background check. Proven experience in a leadership role in all three areas of the BI-LO company (service, fresh & center store); or two (2) years proven leadership in a supermarket. Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department. Strong customer service skills. Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about supermarket and retail services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com