Automotive Quality Technician
- Akron, OH
What you'll be doing
- Reviews quality assurance standards, studies existing policies and procedures, and evaluates effectiveness of quality assurance program. Writes quality assurance inspection procedures, re-work procedures and work instructions. Gives first part approval (FPA) when applicable, performs monthly re-approval as required. Measures and compiles material heat code data and works with engineering to provide in process characteristics to manufacturing. Compiles statistical data and writes reports summarizing quality assurance findings. Daily maintenance of all in-process gauging (clean, inspect, etc.). Assists manufacturing in the reworking of parts by writing re-work instructions and training operators in the required inspections. Daily analysis of daily disposition material review (DDMR). Assists in setting up in-process gauging. Trains employees on quality procedures. Completes final auditing. Assists in process improvement teams. Maintains hold area in inventory. Initiates disposition, sorting, and reworking. Other duties may be assigned.
What your background should be
- Previous related one to two years of quality inspection experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- Concern about the engineering services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com