- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- The audiologist provides basic audio logic services for prevention, identification, diagnosis, consultation, and rehabilitation to patients with communication deficits resulting from hearing impairment and other associated disorders. The candidate coordinates various phases of clinical audio logic and related research activities. S/he performs audio logic evaluation of pediatric and adult patients suspected of hearing deficits. The incumbent identifies type and degree of hearing loss. S/he follows up on patients and counsels family to verify use of appropriate self-care techniques or the recommended referral service. The incumbent assists in the development and administering of quality assurance programs. This position maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to federal, state, and local regulations, and professional standards. The role maintains patient records. The applicant provides auditory evaluations and education. The incumbent assists in the instruction and demonstration of testing procedures and services to clinic personnel, medical students, and residents. S/he maintains accurate, complete, and timely documentation; maintains supplies and equipment. The audiologist performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have clinical audiology experience both in adults and in pediatric patients. S/he may be required to dispense hearing aids to patients. Certificate of clinical competency (CCC) in audiology board certification from the American academy of audiology or license in audiology from the state of Texas or eligible for the same, in which case licensure must be obtained within two months of initial employment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Master degree in audiology and completion of a clinical fellowship/externship year (CFY) required. Audiology doctorate (Au.D.) is preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client provides wireless services, U-Verse, enterprise applications & managed hosting solutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com