Attendant/Server (Nutritional Services)
- Orlando, FL
What you'll be doing
- The hiring company is currently looking for an attendant. This position demonstrates, through behavior, company core values of integrity, compassion, balance, excellence, stewardship, and teamwork. S/he works with staff and patients of diverse ages, cultures, and religions. Incumbent visits patients to learn food preferences and menu selections via announced/spoken menu calls patients with isolation precautions to learn food preferences and menu selections via announced/spoken menu. S/he enters patient food preferences and menu selections into the electronic diet office system. S/he prints tray tickets with menu selections before each meal. Assembles and/or checks trays with food choices for each meal according to portion control guidelines and plate/tray presentation standards. Follows the menu cycle and ensures that the correct food items and condiments are set up and served at each meal. S/he ensures accurate patient identification. Serves trays in accordance with service guidelines to patients and obtains immediate feedback regarding tray accuracy and patient expectations. S/he retrieves trays promptly after each meal. Revisits patients within 10 minutes after trays served to ensure patient needs are met and to implement service recovery if indicated. S/he obtains additional food items that agree with the prescribed diet as requested by patients. Prepares and delivers snacks for patients with diabetes to rooms at prescribed times. Takes inventory and fills bulk nourishment requisitions according to established par levels. The role records temperatures of patient bulk refrigerators daily. Accurately delivers, rotates, and removes as indicated bulk nourishments in unit refrigerators using first in first out (fifo). Applicant maintains a clean working environment by cleaning carts and work areas. Practices and models all infection control, sanitation, and safety standards. S/he complies with the sanitation of in-house, state and osha inspections. S/he attends meetings and in-services. Incumbent demonstrates cost-conscious behavior through the wise use of time and resources.
What your background should be
- The applicant with 2 years of customer service experience in related field such as hospital, restaurant, or retail food service preferred. The candidate must be able to speak, read, and write english fluently and able to learn diet order guidelines and communicate information to patients. S/he must be proficient in microsoft windows applications and capable of learning how to use and implement nutritional software. Familiarity with modified diet prescriptions skills and bi or multi-lingual skills preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
Who is the client company
- This client is one of the largest not for profit health care organization in United States providing unsurpassed health and wellness service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com