Associate Operations Technician
- Durham, NC
What you'll be doing
- Works in conjunction with all appropriate personnel, performs manual and automated operations, general maintenance and support functions necessary for the production of vaccines. Provides all documentation and clerical functions necessary to allow proper accountability and traceability of product. Maintains, inventories, and transports all required equipment, materials, supplies, and products. Ensures shipment criteria and timely availability and delivery. Performs general maintenance and assists in troubleshooting of equipment; performs housekeeping in all work areas. Executes facility decontamination according to approved procedures. Completes sampling/in-process testing supporting the manufacturing and validation process for current process as well as developmental work for new products/processes as required. Identifies and addresses compliance, environmental, safety, and process deviations as appropriate while notifying appropriate personnel. Maintains, cleans, and prepares equipment used in vaccine production. Schedules and performs environmental monitoring during processing and records results in the computerized database system. Provides timely delivery of sample and other materials as required to appropriate laboratories, coordinating with quality and logistics as required. Attends and actively participates in HAZOPS, waste walkthroughs, 5S, kaizen events, or any other operations, lean six-sigma, quality, safety or environmental training/initiatives as required. Serves on safety, quality and other committees as required.
What your background should be
- At least 2 years relevant experience (working in an FDA regulated industry) is strongly preferred. Position requires aseptic gowning during performance of job duties. At least six months experience in the company manufacturing division. Previous live virus manufacturing experience, varicella preferred. Experience utilizing SAP in a manufacturing setting. Demonstrated use of electronic batch records.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor/associate degree in life science or engineering is preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org