Associate Financial Advisor
- Ann Arbor, MI
What you'll be doing
- Attends client meetings with advisors, taking notes or presenting aspects of the meeting in coordination with the advisor. Increasingly becomes point person for assigned clients. Performs client meetings without advisor as assigned (information gathering, review, follow-up). Works with associates, following up to ensure client work is performed to the company standards. Prepares moderate to complex client presentation materials and recommendations. Responsible for assigned client projects ensuring deadlines are met. Displays basic professional competence including keeping current on new developments. Demonstrates the ability to analyze basic financial data and draw reasonable conclusions. Reviews client's existing situation for understanding; identifies problem areas that need to be addressed with an advisor. Ensures staff are aware of related client issues. Identifies, resolves, and documents client issues as appropriate; assists lower-level associates with resolution of issues.
What your background should be
- Has at least two years of experience in a similar capacity within the financial services industry. Demonstrates basic understanding of advisory function, practices and terminology. Proficient in use of related technology, including Junxure, EMoney, custodial platform programs, and research software such as Zephyr, Morningstar. Proficient in related research (investments, insurance, financial planning, etc.), including the ability to assist less experienced staff in the process of finding answers to common related issues. Demonstrates ability to transfer technical knowledge from one assignment to another. Proactively seeks out developmental opportunities, focusing on self-identified strengths and weaknesses. Able to create an error free comprehensive financial plan with basic recommendations. Work is accurate, organized and timely. Able to answer technical questions and produce high-quality analysis.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree preferably with a major in a related field
Who is the client company
- Concern about financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org