Associate Director Merchandising-Health & Wellness
- Jersey City, NJ
What you'll be doing
- Work with existing vendor base to negotiate terms improvement, develop new incentive programs and ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods to companies fulfillment centers. Ensure profitability by accurate forecasting and close monitoring of procurement margin. Establish new direct accounts to support the selection expansion and margin improvement. Lead supplier or publisher business reviews. Partner with strategic vendors to drive new buyer acquisition. Plan vendor funded promotions to drive sales and increase retention. Develop on-line merchandising and promotion calendar to achieve sales targets. Develop business rules to support ongoing online merchandising leveraging companies online search and merchandising capabilities. Oversee initial product set-up and update vendor or item database as necessary. Develop and execute optimal category strategy, product assortment, pricing, promotions and merchandising plans for an expanding assortments. Perform financial analysis of categories to identify opportunities and accelerate growth. Project sales by SKU and work with supply chain to purchase inventory required to support sales. Partner with supply chain team to manage inventory health by ensuring efficient inventory flows (including the forecasting, purchasing and return of new and catalog products). Involve determining and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory.
What your background should be
- At least 5 years of e-commerce or retail experience in a related role with at least 1 year of experience leading a team. Strong understanding of consumables industry, understanding of key retail metrics, including markup, margin, sell thru, open to buy and seasonal demand curves. Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop a team. Ability to spot trends in the marketplace and in merchandise. Great communication skills (both oral and written) are a must. Superb business judgment with a desire to build and manage your own business. A track record of developing new vendor relationships with strong negotiation and relationship management (both internal and external) skills. Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. Knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as an agility with web-based software applications and internally-developed systems. Strong analytical acumen and comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics and analyses. Exceptional problem-solving skills while managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree. MBA preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is an entrepreneurial leader.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org