Associate Development Manager
- Washington, DC
What you'll be doing
- The role of the associate development manager includes managing the full grant funding cycle, from discovering and strategizing new funding prospects and strategic partnerships to the final production of grant proposals and reports. The position is responsible for tracking and reporting outcomes and impact as well as analyzing trends or forecasts for the DC office. This person will craft new collateral, generate targeted communications to multiple audiences (e.g., business professionals, companies, funders, partners and nonprofit organizations). This person will collaborate with senior leaders on initiatives and thought leadership, contributing to current and future development and communications goals. Responsibilities include: writing high-quality letters of inquiry, grant proposals and reports for institutional funders. Partnering with DC team members to identify and develop new opportunities for support. Researching and qualifying potential funders and partners. Supporting and contributing to overall fundraising strategies and operations. Managing the grants calendar and all tracking and forecasting tools.
What your background should be
- 3 years of experience in grant writing, fundraising, communications or business development. Exceptional writer with excellent content creation, design, editing and proofreading skills. Great comfort and success in business communications and working with diverse audiences and senior executives. Ability to work independently; great adaptability and sense of humor. Full fluency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint; proficiency in Salesforce and InDesign. Ability to prioritize and project manage multiple short-term assignments with tight deadlines.
Required Schooling / Training
- BA or BS requiring extensive writing (e.g. English, communications, journalism).
Who is the client company
- This is a non-profit organization that connects non-profits and other social change organizations with skilled volunteers through pro bono service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com