- City of Sunrise, FL
What you'll be doing
- Supervise children closely by keeping all children in sight and using child supervision records properly. Keep classroom clean and tidy. Be aware of your surroundings and take responsibility to report or fix unsafe conditions if you find them. Use only positive child guidance techniques to instruct children. Familiarize yourself with and work within licensing regulations related to childcare in your location. Help implement companies curriculum in a way that is consistent to meet each child unique needs. Share classroom observations with teacher and lead teacher to help complete assessments. Come to work on time and ready to give 100% every day. Work encouragingly with your team to achieve the centers goals. Welcome and engage prospective families who come for a tour. Be ready to speak to the features and benefits of companies programs. Attend professional development days, center staff meetings and any other meetings outside of your regular schedule that are required by your center director. Continue to deepen your knowledge of companies curriculum and implement it in the classroom. Incorporate early childhood education best practices learned through training and experience and by working closely with teacher and lead teacher. Learn to use the technology and systems needed for your job and be willing to learn new programs, applications, systems or devices as things change. Anticipate classroom needs and follow through without prompting.
What your background should be
- Must meet state education criteria. Speak, read and write English fluently. CPR and FIRST AID certifications or willing to obtain. Basic technology skills (e.g. email). Early childhood education experience. Have or willing to obtain child development associate (CDA). Must be able to adapt and excel in a continuously changing, fast-paced environment and make the children needs primary focus. Must be able to fully engage in physical activity. The ability to lift up to 40 pounds is strongly desired and may be required to work in some classrooms or in the kitchen.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The client company is the largest provider of early childhood education in the nation.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org