Assistant Store Manager Trainee (ASMT)
- Santa Rosa, CA
What you'll be doing
- Learns the day to day operations of maintaining and managing a company full line retail store department. Understands and participates in coaching selling skills & sales forecasting for a department. Identifies sales opportunities and changes approach to drive a different outcome. Identifies local merchandise assortment opportunities and partners with necessary field and support center resources to rectify and solve. Learns to analyze margin and profit levers for a department. Develops action plans to address opportunities. Review and adjusting merchandise assortment opportunities by applying knowledge gained during training. Maintains national presentation, signing and pricing standards for a department. Learns how to manage associates schedules, monitor attendance and address issues accordingly. Ensures productivity of associates in meeting expectations in an efficient manner, with high integrity. Learns how to effectively coach associates for success within the organization through effective communication, associate observation, timely feedback, and recognition and performance management/performance reviews. Learns recruitment process of new hires to fill open and anticipated labor needs of hourly and salaried associates. Works closely with each to ensure understanding of the respective support areas while achieving mutual business goals and ensuring customer satisfaction levels are achieved within a department.
What your background should be
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in retail merchandising, business development, human resources or other relatable areas of business development is required. Leadership skills and abilities. Dedication to customer service. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associates degree or higher, and/or equivalent retail experience is desired.
Who is the client company
- This is a chain of American department stores.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com