Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising
- Eden Prairie, MN
What you'll be doing
- The assistant store manager of merchandising (ASM) drives sales and manages execution of merchandise placement through effective planning, prioritizing, communication and follow-up. Accountable for all planning, mapping and execution of merchandise and fixture placement. Leads team to identify and execute merchandising decisions based on inventory levels, store layout and customer base, to maximize business opportunities per the brand strategy actively participates in store walk throughs with store manager, market leader, and territory visual manager to ensure the consistency and quality of merchandising and visual execution. Fully understands the financial statement and all reports related to product placement and visual execution. Partners with store manager to schedule seasonal flow and merchandising workload. Ensures execution of shipment according to the company best practices. Ensures that the merchandise team and store leaders understand how to identify and execute replenishment priorities during the shifts. Partners with operations manager and/or ASM of service and operations to ensure execution of markdowns/signage/marketing aligns with merchandise placement. Accountable for the operational execution of shipment, plan-o-gram, on-hand update, back of house and up-stock as defined by company expectations. Maintains ongoing inventory of all fixtures and visual elements for the store. Ensures all body forms, visual displays, end panels, interior walls and window presentations tell a compelling story to customers and are executed/detailed to company standards. Ensures that all leaders are trained to maintain visual presentation and brand standards.
What your background should be
- Must be at least 18 years of age. 2-3 years of soft lines merchandising or visual merchandising experience preferred. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel. Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with/around cleaning chemicals and lift and carry 50 lbs. Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening, overnight and weekend shifts. Opens and closes the store in accordance with company standards.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a popular clothing and accessories retailer.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org