Assistant Store Manager
- Hyde Park, NY
What you'll be doing
- Open the store a minimum of two days per week; close the store a minimum of two days per week. Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; deposit money in bank. Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures. Manage store in store manager's absence. Assist store manager, as directed, with scheduling employees; enter payroll information into computer. Assist store manager, as directed, in providing adequate training for employees. Review operating statements to identify business trends (including sales, profitability and turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink and errors. Order drop-shipments and other areas of store as designated by store manager. Follow prescribed ordering practices to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets; review ordering plan, seasonal direction and inventory management issues on a weekly basis. Assist with the efficient staging, stocking and storage of merchandise; unload trucks. Ensure that merchandise is presented according to established practices and store manager direction; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage. Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance. Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork and facility controls. Conduct safety meetings; help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment. Provide superior customer service leadership. Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the standard operating procedures manual, employee handbook and company communications. Assist store manager in ensuring employee compliance. Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
What your background should be
- One year of experience in a retail environment and six months supervisory experience preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages. Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control. Ability to learn and perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports. Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices. Effective oral and written communication skills. Effective interpersonal skills. Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.). Good organization skills with attention to detail. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is an American chain of variety stores.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com