Assistant Store Manager
- Gretna, NE
What you'll be doing
- Coaches and develops staff to exceed individuals and store productivity goals; coaches and develops staff to provide exceptional customer service by building a loyal customer base, understanding customer needs and educating customers on the benefits of company products; acts as a manager-on-duty and supervises floor coverage and activities, including opening and closing store as scheduled; achieves individual productivity goals. Partners with the store manager on the implementation of visual merchandising directives and maintains standards consistent with company brand strategies; communicates with store manager and/or directly to company corporate partners regarding merchandising assortment, trends, and needs; ensures merchandise on selling floor is replenished appropriately. Partners with store manager to supervise and conduct staff training; ensures that the selling supervisor is adequately educated to facilitate training activities for staff; reports training progress to the store manager and maintains staff training records; supervises stock room operations and ensures shipping and receiving standards and inventory integrity are maintained. Supports the store manager in achieving all financial and operational objectives including expense control, loss prevention, store audits, and weekly reports; assists in the creation and maintenance of positive employee relations through building, developing, and leading a quality store team; partners with the store manager to ensure on-going specific and immediate coaching and feedback are provided to the staff; monitor and maintain compliance of all company policies and procedures and communicate/educate all staff members; assists store manager in the selection and hiring of qualified candidate.
What your background should be
- Three years of related experience in a specialty retail environment, outdoor apparel industry or experience with outdoor equipment sales. Ability to train and delegate effectively. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Detail oriented. Excellent organizational skills. Proficiency with Word and Excel. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree or comparable combination of relevant education and experience.
Who is the client company
- This is an American outdoor product company specializing in outerwear, fleece, coats, shirts, footwear, and equipment such as backpacks, tents, and sleeping bags.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com