Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Mocksville, NC
What you'll be doing
- Assistant restaurant manager will supervise a team of employees as they prepare and serve food. As an assistant restaurant manager, the incumbent will train his/her team in food preparation; develop employees to advance in the succession plan and train his/her team in customer service as well as safety and sanitation procedures. He/she will compile and balance cash receipts at the end of his/her shifts and perform various financial activities such as cash handling, deposit preparation and payroll duties. He/she will also direct and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities. As an assistant restaurant manager, he/she will observe and evaluate employees and work procedures to ensure that quality and customer service standards are met. He/she will also resolve customer complaints about food service and complete employee disciplinary write-ups. Responsibilities of the assistant restaurant manager also include estimating ingredients and supplies required to prepare food; developing them for promotions as appropriate; controlling inventories of food, equipment and flatware; and purchasing supplies and equipment.
What your background should be
- At least 1 year experience required. Exposure to the restaurant and food service industry required; retail experience a plus. The applicant must have the drive to grow and succeed professionally and a natural aptitude for leadership. He/she must be friendly, bright and organized and you must possess superb customer service and communication skills. He/she must also display the integrity and character necessary to make ethical decisions for business and customers and you must take initiative to drive activity and change. The applicant is expected having the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to train and motivate a team of employees and proven history of leadership in extracurricular and/or community activities.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent desired. Restaurant management or a related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- It is a franchisee that owns and operates over more than 100 locations across U.S. states.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com