Assistant Project Engineer
- Savannah, GA
What you'll be doing
- Under the guidance of senior project engineering personnel, lead engineering teams in the execution of projects or segments of engineering programs. Establish requirements, operational objectives and work plans. Responsible for planning, organizing and conducting segments of engineering projects with diversified technical requirements. Define project work scope, develop statements of work, task descriptions, product plans, budget estimates and manpower requirements. Assign tasks to functional personnel and suppliers for specific projects and provide the necessary project direction to meet schedules and fulfill requirements. Provide project management between engineering sections and all related functions including program management, other departments, suppliers, consultants, and customers. Anticipate problems with assigned projects (technical, budget, schedule) and recommend appropriate action to prevent their occurrence. Effectively report to management on key project accomplishments, status, issues and budget. Approve project related engineering data to assure compliance with corporate policies and FAA/military requirements, as required. Works under direct leadership and guidance of senior level project engineer. Work to improve daily processes and ensure all work meets customer requirements. Maintain current knowledge of technical developments. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- 5 years of experience in the position offered, as an electrical or Industrial engineer, or in a related technical position. Must have at least one year of experience in a position involving engineering supervisory or broad engineering managerial responsibility.
Required Schooling / Training
- Must have a bachelors degree in electrical engineering or a related degree.
Who is the client company
- The company is an American wholly owned subsidiary of general dynamics. Gulfstream designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business-jet aircraft.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com