Assistant Plant Manager
- Oriskany Falls, NY
What you'll be doing
- Plan and direct the daily operation of a quarry producing crushed stone and hot mix asphalt. Manage direct report under the guideline of client company HR policy and procedure. Oversee the production plan, staffing and day to day manufacturing operation in a cost effective manner. Prepare operational schedule and coordinate production activity to ensure production and quality of product meet specification. Troubleshoot and resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problem to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delay. Manage product inventory. Ensure the accuracy of all mine production report. Attend weekly safety and department meeting for all department. Ensure plant and mobile equipment is kept in good and safe work condition to maximize asset throughput. Work closely with reliability plant maintenance manager to determine optimal time for production equipment repair.
What your background should be
- At least 4 years of quarry experience and understanding crushing and process equipment. Prior supervisory experience preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organization and time management skills. Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Solid understanding of government regulations and demonstrated ability to impact safe working practices. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to communicate clear and concise instructions in a professional manner.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree with mining related discipline preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is one of the world's largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com