- Marble Falls, TX
What you'll be doing
- The assistant manager coordinates with the general manager of the retail store to oversee the employees and processes involved with all aspects of the daily operations of the store, including customer service, stocking, merchandising, inventory control, budgeting, and record keeping. The assistant manager helps to ensure overall production efficiency and to maintain standards in store organization and safety. Assist with the overall operation of the retail store. Assist in performing the daily administrative/clerical functions of store operations such as cash transactions, ordering supplies, and opening and closing the store. Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening, production, and closing operations including work on weekends and holidays. Assist in the supervision and training of employees, including setting work schedules for employees. Create an atmosphere of ongoing exceptional customer service for both internal and external customers. Monitor and ensure a smooth process for all donation functions, while adhering to and enforcing security, audit and control procedures. Monitor sales transactions associated with purchases and ensure proper sales procedures are followed. Maintain staffing levels in production and on the sales floor while attaining budgeted payroll expense. This includes firing, hiring, and training all new associates in accordance with company policies. Maintain a neat and orderly store that is properly equipped and supplied to meet all budgetary requirements. Maintain effective email, phone and face to face communication with other divisions and stores as needed. Work collaboratively with the employment and training program to further the mission. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- At least one year of assistant managerial/supervisory experience supervising several departments and/or staff of 20 or more employees. Highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity, respect for all individuals (customers, vendors, and employees), strong critical and analytical thinking skills, and appreciation of diversity. Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures. Ability to perform basic math calculations. Ability to work with basic office computer software, such as Microsoft Office. Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing. Valid driving license is required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor degree in business or related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American nonprofit organization that provides job training and employment placement services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org