Assistant Director of Accounting and Finance
- Daytona Beach, FL
What you'll be doing
- The assistant director of accounting and finance is responsible for internal controls and quality reviews of monthly financial statements and statistical reports, coordination of annual audit with accounting manager and internal audit. Prepare or oversee month-end statistical reports submitted to AHS or other market facilities leadership. Assist leadership in the analysis of data available at month end. Oversee submission of data for daily statistics report including internal statistics and CFO reports. Review data submissions from corporate departments for accurate presentation. Manage and maintain cost accounting systems. Prepare and assist with cost process, including reconciliation back to final GL reports. Prepare overhead allocation; prepare cost studies for departments with high expense utilization, setting cost standards for each procedure. Develop and implement internet-based reports. Provide training in internet-based reporting. Prepare studies relative to financial impact and departmental profit and loss statements as requested; prepare studies relative to potential new lines of business or revisions to existing lines of business for the market as requested. Work in conjunction with market/facility controllers to answer questions relating to operational and financial reports.
What your background should be
- Five to seven years related experience in accounting and reimbursement with minimum three years of supervisory experience. Excellent organizational skills; ability to perform complex mathematical and accounting processes; ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; computer literate, in particular using spreadsheets; analytical reasoning and problem solving skills required. Experience in AS400 and/or other mainframe database system preferred. Knowledge in an accounting specialization such as healthcare. Verbal and written communication skills needed. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office. Must have strong presentation skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, accounting or related field required. Graduate degree or equivalent is strongly desired.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com