Assistant Deli Manager
- Birmingham, AL
What you'll be doing
- Effectively coordinates production, merchandising and sales through ongoing planning, direction, communication, goal setting, brainstorming and teamwork. Staffs, trains, supervises, reviews, and provides corrective action to deli clerks. Unloads, sorts and removes merchandise from pallets upon arrival at the store. Operates and maintains deli equipment. Greets and assists customers at the deli counter while insuring customer satisfaction. Prepares, packages, cuts, stocks, stores and displays merchandise appropriately. Maintains a clean, full, fresh and dry case at all times. Ensures all inferior out of code products are not sold and removed from display in a timely manner. Orders products from authorized vendors and adheres to receiving policies and procedures. Assures accuracy and accountability of all deli department invoices and expenses.
What your background should be
- Two years of supervisory experience is preferred. Strong ability to work well with people. Demonstrated strengths in the following areas: work skills, written and verbal communication, problem solving, leadership, customer service, interpersonal skills and motivation. Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation procedures/guidelines.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- The client company is an American chain of specialty grocery stores.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com