Appraisal Review Officer
- Louisville, KY
What you'll be doing
- Perform detailed reviews of appraisals ordered by read or another acceptable financial institution. The appraisals will be on all types of commercial properties or commercially based residential properties. Ensure that the appraisal is completed in accordance with regulatory requirements, bank policy and uniform standards of professional appraisal practice requirements. Mentor, coach and train appraisal review officers (AROs) I and II. May have direct management responsibility for a small team of AROs. Coordinate with appraisers for any necessary corrections on appraisals prepared for the bank. Oversee the ordering of all assigned appraisals, especially those that support transactions over $1 million. Act as liaison between the appraiser, lending staff, management and others to ensure that independence in the process is maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements. Perform other related duties as required.
What your background should be
- Five years of experience in the real estate appraisal field with at least three years of experience in actual report preparation. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to accurately interpret complex state and federal regulatory requirements applicable to the appraisal industry. Proven ability to meet critical deadlines. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in a business or real estate-related field or equivalent education and related training.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest financial services holding companies in the U.S.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org