- Frederick, MD
What you'll be doing
- The animal caretaker will be responsible for a variety of routine tasks associated with general laboratory animal care in biomedical research. Performs general laboratory animal housekeeping and cleaning duties, stocks supplies, keeps simple records, and performs related duties required for the proper care, feeding and housing of laboratory animals. New assignments are normally accompanied by detailed instructions and completed work is checked for accuracy and compliance to established standards. Work may involve the use of potentially hazardous chemical, biological, or radiological materials or may be located in areas where such materials are used. May require the use of personal protective equipment and adherence to strict safety protocols. Work will be reviewed by senior level staff to ensure conformance to experimental and therapeutic protocols and compliance with regulatory standards. Working hours are from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
What your background should be
- Ability to handle a variety of laboratory animals, keep simple records, operate automatic washing and cleaning equipment. Lift up to 40-50lbs., and wear respiratory protective equipment if necessary. Knowledge of routine tasks associated with general laboratory animal care. Computer skills and data entry experience. This position is subject to obtaining a public trust clearance. Preferred qualifications:- good organizational, observational and communication skills and willingness to learn new tasks; computer/data entry experience.
Required Schooling / Training
- Completion of eighth grade.
Who is the client company
- The company provides exceptional quality animal care and technical support services for animal research performed at the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org