- Cleveland, OH
What you'll be doing
- Become familiar with data source and requirement; retrieve and manipulate data. Estimate future loss and premium result. Develop knowledge of actuarial methodology. Under direct supervision, conduct analyse that adhere to actuarial standard of practice: select appropriate data source and method, make assumption, recognize consideration and develop recommendation. Learn to document assumption, method, source, consideration; organize document. Prepare memo, document and letter as directed. Develop personal work schedule to ensure timely completion of assign task. Recognize and begin to develop relationship within pricing which are critical to completion of assign task. Present idea verbally and in writing to pricing audience one on one or in small group setting. Under direct supervision, build and validate statistical model to enhance rating and/or underwriting. Monitor the effectiveness of statistical/actuarial rating and/or underwriting model. Learn statistical modeling software. Perform other related duty as assigned.
What your background should be
- Must have the ability to learn on own in addition to formal training in order to contribute rapidly to the team. Accuracy and attention to detail is required. Knowledge of mathematics, statistics, probability and/or principles of finance and proven analytical skills. Effective verbal/written communication skills. Ability to comprehend actuarial concepts and other advanced statistical concepts. Ability to think logically and perform accurate calculations in a timely manner. Ability to use personal computer and related spreadsheet and database software. Learns quickly. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers to gain trust and respect. Strong problem solving and analytical thinking ability.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree preferred in actuarial science, business, finance, mathematics, statistics, economics or related field.
Who is the client company
- The client company is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com