Advanced Practice Nurse
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Provides expert clinical care, education, consultation, advocacy research, leadership and mentorship. Manages primary, acute and chronic health problems through comprehensive history and physical examination assessment and diagnosis. This may include palliative and end of life care. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures. Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, and performs other therapeutic or corrective measures to treat illness and improve heath status. Promotes the advancement of the nursing profession. This may include publication, participation in professional organizations and providing educational support to the nursing staff. Collaborates and coordinates care with medical team to deliver evidenced-based care and establish best practices in clinical care. Participates in research design, implementation and interpretation. Meets the medical staffs allied health practitioners core measures of performance related to patient care, medical knowledge, practice based learning and improvement, interpersonal communication skills, professionalism, and system based practice. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to company patients, families, co-workers and others.
What your background should be
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience required, preferably in pediatrics. Licensure in the state of Illinois as an APN is required. Experience as delineated in clinical privileges through credentialing by the medical staff office. Basic life support certification required. Pediatric advanced life support certification required in some specialty areas. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, basic computer skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Master degree or higher from an accredited school of nursing appropriate for certification as a nurse practitioner or nurse anesthetist.
Who is the client company
- This is a pediatric specialty hospital.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com